Some Health Values of Wonderful Orange Essential Oil
The Usefulness of Orange Essential Oil
The essential oil derived from orange is useful in a lot of ways in the household, the industrial sector, and medicine. In the home, it is used to add orange flavor to beverages, desserts, and confectionaries. In the industrial sector, it is used as an additive in manufacturing of soaps, face lifting and anti-aging creams, room freshener, deodorant, confectioneries and bakery items.
The composition and Extraction of Orange Essential Oil
This essential oil is derived from the peels of orange by using a cold-compression process. The Botanical name for orange is Citrus Sinensis. The orange essential oil is often added to the orange-flavored beverages and concentrates. The major chemical composition of this oil is Citronellal, Pinene, Limonene, Linalool, Geranial, Sabinene, Myrcene, and Neral.
Certainly, we all know the domestic and industrial uses and orange essential oil; we shall now delve into the health benefits that this oil offers to consumers.
Orange Essential Oil -The Health Benefits
There are vast benefits that can be derived from orange essential oil. Some of these benefits are:
1. Sedative: A natural sedative could be of great benefit to you when you are affected by any type of inflammation or you simply want to relax after a hard day job. The synthetic sedatives which exist in the form of drugs are based on narcotics and its chemical derivatives. This kind of substances does cause harm to the heart and other vital organs in the long run. Therefore, is expedient to use a natural sedative such as orange essential oil. It works excellently in relieving anxiety, depression and some types of body inflammation.
2. APHRODISIAC: The orange essential oil is slightly aphrodisiac. A consistent and calculated use can solve issues such as frigidity, erectile malfunction, impotence, and lack of libido.
3. Anti-Inflammatory: The Orange essential oil does a great job in alleviating inflammation quickly. Regardless of the cause of the inflammation, be it an allergy to excess food, fever, infection, drug side-effect, ingestion of toxic substances or narcotics, orange essential oil will alleviate the irritation and knee pain.
4. Cholagogue: The orange essential oil facilitates increased secretion from appropriate glands in the body. For this reason, it is often used to promote menstruation, lactation, bile, digestive juices, hormones as well as enzymes.
5. Antiseptic: When someone has an open wound, there is a chance that it will get infected. When the cut is deep or caused by an iron object, it becomes twice likely to get infected. The Essential oil of orange creates a protective layer that insulates the wound against all types of wound infection. It prevents the growth of germs by acting as a disinfectant.
6. Antidepressant: Can you imagine how the smell of orange essential oil makes you feel? Yes, it creates a pleasant feeling of happiness. This explains why this type of oil is often used in aromatherapy. It inspires a feeling of happiness and act as a stimulator; it is perfect for people suffering from anxiety as well as depression. Findings from research indicate that a natural essential oil of orange does reduce pulse rate and salivary cortisol that is caused by the anxiety in children.
7. Diuretic: The orange essential oil removes excess gas from the body as well as neutralizes excess toxins. It aids the release of toxins from the body by increasing urination that excretes uric acid, excess salts, bile, other metabolic waste and water from the body through the urine. The process of urination promotes appetites well as digestion. It also aids in the process of fat oxidation which is essential for the proper functioning of the heart.
8. As a Tonic: The role tonic plays in the body is comparable servicing and overhauling the engine of a vehicle. The tonic simply increases the functioning of every aspect of the body, help optimize the body metabolism, increases overall strength and boost immunity.
9. As a Carminative: A carminative is a substance that facilitates removal of excess gas from the intestines. When gas accumulates in the intestine, it pushes upwards against the internal organs and causes discomfort such as chest pain, indigestion, and discomfort. The gas can cause painful stomach aches, and increase the blood pressure which imparts the heart negatively. The essential oil derived from orange is effective in solving these problems because it eases the muscles of the abdomen and anal sections thereby allowing existing gas to escape while preventing the formation of additional gasses.
10. Alzheimer’s disease: Data from research has indicated that an aromatherapy session that is done with essential oil may be effective in enhancing cognitive functions, notably in patients with Alzheimer’s disease
11. Insecticide properties: Some research has also indicated that essential oil is effective in destroying the larvae and pupae of butterflies. This indicates that it may as well be helpful in eliminating houseflies.
12. Other benefits: Orange essential oil is effective is detoxifying the body, increase immunity, effective in the treatment of constipation and dyspepsia. It is efficient in maintaining holistic wellness and increases the glow of the skin. It can cure acne and dermatitis.
Orange essential oil has some levels of phytotoxicity; it has a bitter taste and may stimulate loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting if taken in large quantities.
As an oil derived from citrus, it does blend excellently with other types of citrus essential oils. Besides those citrus oil derivatives, orange essential oils also blend well with other essential oils like that of Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Black Pepper, Sandal Wood, and Vetiver.